Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is This What You Are?

Well, are you?

Earlier this morning, I tweeted the following: "Value is the word. Customer relationships are important, but you have to provide the type of value that no one else can."

There are many definitions of the word "value", but the one that fits best in this case is: "Worth in usefulness or importance to the possessor."  I like to think that I am value-centric in what I do, focusing on creating useful information and methods to grow your business. To me, that's the first thing I try to provide for my customers, because I want to be an asset, and not just the guy you call when you want to place an order.

I may not always know the answer, but I will definitely try to find it for you. If I can't, I will point you in the right direction. The greatest thing about thinking this way, is it makes me aware that there is always more to learn, and new ideas to explore.

How many businesses do this? Not many. I know of a few places that would rather pretend the product they don't have in stock is not in existence than recommend the customer go elsewhere to get it. I have no problem doing this, as I am confident that my customer will come back to me because of what I can offer: value.

Value in this blog, value in my tweets, value in my emails, and most of all, value in my service to you. I draw a lot of parallels between what I do, and what you do, because we are really striving for the same thing: customer satisfaction. To do that, you have to be a valuable resource, and more importantly THE resource. If you are THE resource, why would they go anywhere else?

What else can you do to provide value to your customers?

Thank you for being a valuable asset to me. Please let me know how I can create more value for you!

-JK

No comments:

Post a Comment