Monday, March 28, 2011

Plant Profile: Gerbera Glamorous Mix



UPDATE: Raker is now sold out of these, so hopefully I can trial them next season!

Today I'm going to start a new section in this blog where I profile various varieties of plants that I enjoy, as well as new introductions and my thoughts on them. Being that it is early spring, it will only be an overview of what the plants are supposed to be like instead of my actual experience with them. Once I've had a chance to trial some of them, I will be able to relay my first hand experience.

The above is a new introduction: Gerbera Glamorous Mix exclusively from Raker. My wife loves gerbera, so I will definitely be trying these out to see how they perform. A few great points:

  • ü  Glamorous has dark green, deeply crinkled foliage – a totally new & unique look for gerbera
  • ü  Plants are compact, but have large, showy blooms in a mixture of light and dark eyed colors
  • ü  The dark green leaves are tougher and more drought tolerant than other gerbera
  • ü  Glamorous plants are more sun and heat tolerant as well as more mildew resistant, opening up new possibilities for outdoor applications
  • ü  Ideal for premium pot production as well as color bowls, patio containers and garden combination planters.
  • ü  45mm liner size is perfect for finishing 5”pots in 4-6 weeks

    There are plenty on availability for week 14 (next week) in TR18s so I will be getting some in. I will also share my experience and photos! If you need any additional information, let me know, and I can send you growing instructions.

    Thanks for reading!
   
-   -JK





 

No comments:

Post a Comment